Here is a cooking demonstration video from one of the Chefs at the Culinary Institute of Tuscany for Olive Garden restaurant's chicken crostina. The chef will show you everything you need to know to make this dish at home.
Olive Garden's Chicken Crostina is chicken breasts that have been lightly breaded and fried then topped with a crust of breadcrumbs, shredded potatoes, herbs and parmesan cheese. It is served over linguine pasta that have been tossed with a creamy garlic butter sauce with fresh garlic and roma tomatoes.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups & 1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp roasted garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
1 ½ cups heavy cream
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb linguine
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup roma tomatoes, cored & diced
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup melted butter
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 small potato, peeled & grated
Salt & pepper to taste
* MIX all ingredients for Potato Crust in a bowl and set aside.
* MIX 1 ½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Add more oil for each batch as necessary.
* PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet or dish and top with potato crust mixture. Transfer baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
* COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
* HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp of flour and wine and bring to a boil. Add cream, parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, and tomatoes. Sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and begins to thicken.
* COAT pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.