1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
2 tablespoons Flour
1/4 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Milk
6 (1/2″) Thick Pieces of Chicken Breast Strips (chicken tenders)
Vegetable Oil (frying)
2 cups dry Bowtie Pasta
2 tablespoons Butter
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Crushed Garlic
1/2 cup White Table Wine (Chablis)
1/4 cup Water
2 tablespoons Flour
3/4 cup Half and Half
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Basil Leaves
3/4 cup Mild Asiago Cheese (finely grated)
4 Broccoli Florets (lightly steamed)
2 White Mushrooms (quartered lightly steamed)
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Wash and drain chicken strips.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in dish for dipping. Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
4. Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden. Remove and drain chicken.
5. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil. Whisk in flour until mixture is blended. Quickly add garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt stir well. Add wine and blend. Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir. When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted. Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
6. Place 2 cups pasta in individual pasta dish. Spoon about 1/2 – 3/4 cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms. Place Parmesan Chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
About Olive Garden
Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment with more than 800 restaurants, more than 96,000 employees and more than $3.6 billion in annual sales. Olive Garden is a division of Darden Restaurants, Inc., (NYSE: DRI), which owns and operates more than 2,100 restaurants that generate over $8.5 billion in annual sales. Headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and employing more than 200,000 people, Darden is recognized for a culture that rewards caring for and responding to people. In 2014, Darden was named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the fourth year in a row. Olive Garden is committed to making a difference in the lives of others in the local community. As part of this commitment, Olive Garden restaurants have donated nearly 30 million pounds of food to local community food banks across the country.