- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 5 garlic cloves , coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a non-stick pan gently cooking the garlic together with the olive oil until the garlic gets soft and turns translucent.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine mussels (which have been cleaned, debearded and picked over, if necessary), wine and butter. Add garlic and any remaining olive oil.
Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Mussels are cooked when all shells are open. Discard any that do not open.
Add all remaining ingredients, stir carefully (mussels will easily dislodge from their shells) and simmer gently on low for approximately two minutes.
Serve in bowls with plenty of bread to soak up the delicious juices!
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-mussels-di-napoli-276438#ixzz1sDkwgtOa