Watch the video above to learn the cooking technique.
Olive Garden Recipe for Capellini di Mare
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound mussels, (cleaned and debearded see video below))
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 1 pound of clams
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (angel hair or linguine)
- 1 lemon - cut into wedges for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat add oil and saute garlic.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes to make the sauce.
- Add wine and all the seafood.
- Cover and increase to high for about 3 minutes or until the mussel shells open.
- Pour over hot pasta.
- Garnish with parsley, lemon juice and lemon wedges.