Watch the video above before starting to prepare this recipe.
Olive Garden Recipe for Chianti Braised Short Ribs
- 3 lbs boneless beef short ribs (ask your grocery store butcher to prepare)
- 2 cups Chianti wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (32 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat short ribs dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with olive oil.
- Sear the short ribs over medium high heat to brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer ribs to a bowl.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add wine, rosemary, beef broth and tomatoes one at a time.
- Allow liquid to partially evaporate before each addition.
- Return short ribs to the pan.
- Cove and simmer for 3 hours on low heat.
- Remove ribs from the pan and boil liquid for about 10 minutes.
- It should reduce by half.
- Serve with potatoes or risotto and vegetables.