NOTE: The video cooking demonstration is not the original recipe and was placed here for learning the technique.
Olive Garden Recipe for Alfredo Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- Heat milk and cream in a heavy sauce pan until it begins to simmer.
- Turn heat off.
- Slowly whip in the cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into the sauce pan.
- Place back on very low heat.
- Stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
(You can cheat and buy a good jar of alfredo sauce and add some garlic and cheese. The secret is to get the restaurant taste without too much hard work).
For the Chicken
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast per serving.
- Olive Oil
- Any seasoning you like
- Lightly brush chicken breast with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper or grill seasoning.
- Grill chicken breast until done. (I use my George Foreman Grill)
- Set aside to cool a bit.
- Slice chicken breast into half inch thick slices.
Serve over hot fettuccine pasta. (I like to add steamed broccoli to my chicken alfredo when I make it at home.)
This recipe serves 4 people.