- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans water
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans , drained
- 5 ounces shredded carrots
- 3 medium sliced potatoes , peeled
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh spinach , chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
Simmer first 6 ingredients until chicken breasts are tender; remove meat and let cool; drain the solids from the broth and put clear liquid back into the soup pot; chop up chicken into bite size chunks and put back into the broth.
Add next 10 ingredients to the soup pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender but not mushy.
Add the fresh spinach and stir; let it wilt into the soup for about 5 minutes.
Add the cream cheese and the grated mozzarella to the soup pot. Stir frequently until the cheese melts. Be careful that it does not stick to the bottom.
Ladle into bowls; serve with crusty bread.
Makes 2 Quarts