- Grilled Chicken- (I used some that I had left over from another dish)
- 2 Slices of any bread, (we love sourdough bread in my house)
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- Shredded Mozzarella (or 1 slice of fresh mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper , to taste
makes 1 medium sandwich
Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil and place on panini maker or in hot pan
Layer chopped grilled chicken on slice of bread
Layer desired amount of shredded Mozzarella
Layer tomato slices on top and the fresh basil on top of tomato slice
Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
*I added one more layer of shredded mozzarella*.
Top with second slice of bread and drizzle with olive oil
cook until sandwich is toasted on both sides and cheese is melted. About 3 minutes in panini maker, 5 minutes total in hot pan.
Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half.