Olive Garden Recipe for Grilled Shrimp Caprese
Ingredients for Marinated Tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds of Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp extra olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pound of medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt in a large bowl.
- Cover and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Add butter to a large skillet.
- Stir in white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer.
- Let sauce reduce to desired consistency.
- Add cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to the skillet.
- Stir to coast the pasta with the sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Grill or sauce shrimp until done.
- Place skillet under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Top pasta with cooked shrimp.
The recipe serves 4 people.