- 8oz angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons Colavita Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2″ strips
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, julienned (I substituted diced, canned petite cut tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (I substituted McCormick’s Italian Seasoning Blend, 4 grinds)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (I removed these from my dish)
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese (I substituted 2 cups of Kraft Shredded Italian Cheese Blend)
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean spiced sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken strips and cook until pink is no longer visible and juices run clear, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Boil water for pasta in a large pot. Add the pasta to boiling water.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet with chicken.
- saute for 2 minutes
- add the basil, red peppers, zucchini, fontina cheese, Mediterranean spiced sea salt and pepper to taste
- saute for 1 minute
- stir in heavy cream. Heat until bubbling throughout, stirring frequently.
- drain the pasta and transfer to a large platter
- add the chicken and vegetables to the top of the pasta and serve
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutesServes: 4 – 5